- White Rhino Creative Pty Ltd (ACN 006 946 685) (us/we/our) operates a business which provides branding, advertising, creative, digital, information technology and other related services (Services). Our website is located at whiterhino.com.au (Website).
- We are not bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). However, we take the privacy of personal information seriously.
- We will handle personal information that we collect or obtain in connection with the provision of our Services and your interactions with the Website and us in accordance with this Privacy Notice (Notice). For the purposes of this Notice, “personal information” has the meaning as defined in the Privacy Act.
- This Notice also contains information about how you may access and seek correction of your personal information held by us, and how to make complaints about any privacy-related concerns.
- If we change this Notice, we will display notice of changes on our Website or otherwise notify you in writing.
- If you provide a pseudonym to us or wish to remain anonymous in the course of requesting our Services, we may not be able to provide the full extent of our Services, however your use of the Website will not be limited.
By using our Services or supplying us your personal information, you hereby consent to our collection, use, disclosure of and storage of personal information, in accordance with the terms of this Notice.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where you have requested our Services to be provided to you;
- where you complete a form or registration process in relation to our Services on the Website, or otherwise;
- where you have inquired or otherwise communicated with us in person, over email or phone, or otherwise;
- where you are interacting with the Website, through the use of browser ‘cookies’ or trackers;
- where your employer provides us with your personal information for the purposes of allowing us to contact a representative of your employer in relation to our Services;
- in such other situations, which we will inform you from time to time, where we collect personal information from you that is reasonably necessary for the proper function of our Services; and
- from time to time, from third parties, who may provide your personal information to us under a commercial arrangement for the purposes of marketing or providing our Services to you.
What personal information do we collect?
- The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on your relationship with us (for example, a client of our Services or service provider to us) and the nature of your interaction with us.
- We may collect and store the following types of personal information:
- names, addresses, e-mail addresses, qualifications, employment details, phone numbers, geographical information, and other personal information that you may voluntarily provide to us to assist us to provide our Services; and
- information about your organisation’s staff and directors as required in the normal course of human resource management and business operations.
- The Privacy Act defines some personal information as “sensitive information” (for example information about a person’s race, health, religious beliefs or criminal convictions). We generally do not collect sensitive information but in the event we do need to collect sensitive information from you, we will collect this information with your permission and will only use it for the purpose for which you have specifically provided it.
- Because of the nature of the Services we provide, we may require you to accurately identify yourself so that we can ensure that we invoice and deliver our Services to the intended party. If you provide contact details of a representative of your organisation for this purpose, you must provide accurate personal information of your representative as it is otherwise impracticable for us to provide our Services to your organisation.
What do we do with your personal information?
- We will not sell or trade your personal information to any third party, organisations or individuals without your consent, other than if we are required to do so by law.
- We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing our Services to you;
- to provide you with further information about products and services you requested;
- to personalise your experience of our Services and Website;
- to respond to feedback and complaints;
- for the development of new services or products;
- for enforcement of contractual agreements for our Services;
- for direct marketing purposes;
- to notify you of important changes to our Website or content on the Website that may be of interest to you;
- to understand customer trends and patterns so we can continue to develop our marketing and advertising strategies; and
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- to third parties used by us to assist with providing the Services that you have requested, including sub-contractors, our website hosting provider and technology service providers;
- to any duly authorised law enforcement officer, or any other person, authorised by any law to receive your personal information from us;
- to lessen or prevent serious threats to the health and safety of an individual or the general public; and
- to assist in locating missing individuals.
Do we send your personal information to parties outside Australia?
- From time-to-time, we use third-party service providers for digital cloud storage, web hosting or other technology-related services in connection with providing our Services. We may disclose your personal information to these third party services providers who may operate outside of Australia, or operate in Australia with servers located outside of Australia.
- As some of our third-party service providers operate globally, we cannot say with certainty where their servers are located or the countries out of which they operate at any given time. Further, these locations may be subject to change without notice to us.
Are we responsible for third parties websites and social media links?
Will we send direct marketing communications to you?
- Your personal information may be used by us to offer you new products and services, notify you of new developments to our Services, or to make other promotional communications to you related to our Services.
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out any time by clicking the link for opting-out in e-mail communications sent to you, or by contacting us (see section 12).
Do we collect personal information through cookies and analytics tools?
How do we keep personal information secure?
- You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. Data security measures can never be guaranteed. This means that while we take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information provided to us, please contact us immediately.
Will we transfer your personal information?
If we are involved in a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign your personal information collected by us to one or more relevant third parties in our sole discretion.
What if I have questions or complaints about this Notice?
- If you:
- have any questions about this Notice;
- wish to request access to any personal information that we hold;
- wish to correct or update your personal information that we hold; or
- wish to make a complaint or discuss any other privacy concerns you may have;
- please contact us, as follows:
- by email: Attention: The Privacy Officer email@example.com
- by post: Attention: The Privacy Officer PO Box 727, Black Rock, VIC 3193
- We reserve the right to charge for reasonable expenses that we may incur in preparing and sending you a copy of your personal information.
- If you have a complaint or a privacy-related concern, please give us the opportunity to resolve matters by contacting us first using the methods outlined above. Once we have received a complaint, we will try to work with you to resolve the matter.
- For further information on privacy, you may wish to visit the website of the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).