Junior Level Graphic/Branding Designer
WhiteRhino is a branding and creative agency based in Melbourne. Founded in 1998, brand identity and design is at the core of our capabilities, though we also transform brands through website design, storytelling, advertising, publication design, packaging, and digital marketing. Our clients span a range of industries which means we’ve worked with businesses in areas from energy to sport, manufacturing to biotech and just about anything else you can think of. No matter what our clients do, their passions become our passions. We’re listeners first and foremost – so if you can digest a client’s knowledge of their product or service and turn it into an idea to strengthen their business or meaningful execution for the brand, you might be the designer we’re looking for.
After some project wins, we’re looking for a talented and driven junior designer with a minimum of 1-2 years of studio experience under their belt. We’re a small team, but each of us brings their own hutzpah to the table to create big ideas and compelling brands. The designer we’re looking for is agile and ready to hit the ground running – you’re ambitious and willing to give anything a go as you’ll be required to work on every phase of the design process, from conceptualising logos and websites, to publication design, campaign creative and social media marketing. This is a role where proving your motivation and talent will allow you to progress quickly and take on higher level responsibilities.
You’re a designer with:
- Tertiary qualifications in design.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant studio experience.
- Fluency working in Adobe Creative Suite (additional skills in After Effects, Sketch and WordPress are a bonus).
- Confidence in pushing creative boundaries.
- An eye for detail, but you don’t lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle difficult client briefs and turn them into imaginative and impactful pieces of design.
- An excellent understanding of typography and understanding of its role in branding.
- Some knowledge in finished art/pre-press production.
- Confidence in presenting design concepts to clients (don’t worry – we don’t expect this straight away!)
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, where briefs are shared and collaboration with management and other team members is essential.
- A strong work ethic – you support your team and carry out every aspect of your role with commitment and passion.
- Additional skills are a bonus – if you have a passion for illustration, animation, photography, copywriting or lettering, don’t be afraid to let us know.
- We will be setting up a new office space over the coming weeks at TheCommons in South Yarra where most of your working week will run from. This position has the flexibility to work part time remotely after a period of time. As WhiteRhino continues to grow, our longer term aim is to set up a solo studio space somewhere between the CBD and south down the Bay.
Remuneration will be based on experience.
If you love branding and are looking for a role where you’ll be able to grow quickly, please send us your resume, cover letter and a portfolio (link or pdf) to email@example.com. No agencies or recruiters. Applicants must have appropriate works visas yadda yadda.